Thursday, December 16, 2010

Most people really are quite amazing....

When this whole recession thing first started and people started losing their jobs or as in the building industry, the jobs just started tapering off toward fewer and fewer, I started trying to think of ways I might be able to help. My business has never been impacted much by the various recessionary periods we have gone through in the past and thank the stars above, this one so far is no exception.

The reasons my business has not slowed to much are many, including just having so very many loyal, wonderful customers all these years. The other factors would be the price of my service. One doesn't have to get a loan to get a haircut. It's money most folks have right in their pockets. Another would be how much better a person feels after getting a haircut. Even I forget how great it feels to get cleaned up with a haircut until by wife gives me one. It's a relatively cheap feel good procedure that everyone can and does do on a regular basis.

I put a sign up right in front of everyone as their setting in my chair. The sign says:

If you have lost your job or been laid off in these trying times we find ourselves in right now, the price of a haircut is now $10.00, which is what I charge retired folks.
This price will stay at that level for you until you find a job and or the economy gets back on track for everyone.


At first almost no one took me up on that deal but as the economy started slipping more and more and people actually did start losing their jobs, more of them slowly and reluctantly started excepting my special deal. Even this far into these trying times, there are still people who refuse to utilize the deal out of their own person pride. Some folks are just barely making it and I still can't talk them into it.

Then a crazy, wonderful thing started happening to make me re-realize just how amazing and fantastic a lot of folks really are. One by one, several of my customers started handing me $20.00 for their haircuts. When I started to give them their change, they turned it down and told me to apply it to my deal to help others who need the help. Can you believe that? It shocked me at first but more and more folks have started doing this unbelievably generous, caring thing.

I am guessing I'm at the point where these wonderful people are pretty much paying for my deal with their sharing, beautiful attitudes. In most cases, these are people who have not lost their jobs and just want to pass on some amount of good will and sharing toward their fellow human beings in some small way.

I want to take this time to truly and proudly give thanks to these great people. They should feel proud of themselves and know that I appreciate their contributions with all my heart and soul. I now have quite a few folks who are taking advantange of the special pricing. I have to add that most everyone of them always mention that as soon as they are employed again, they plan on going back to paying the full price.

So............once again it proves beyond a shadow of doubt that most people by far are loving, caring people who in troubled times or good are ready and able to share with their fellow humans. I really think this whole thing should renew all our faith in the basic goodness of people.

I know it sure does for me.........




READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS VERY CAREFULLY AND FOLLOW THEM EXACTLY!!!

Right at the bottom of this posting is a "Comments" link. Click on it, follow the instructions and leave a comment about this post. You can use your name or make up one, by CLICKING INSIDE THE CIRCLE beside "Name/Url", or just leave your comment anonymously by CLICKING INSIDE THE CIRCLE beside "Anonymous".

I will receive an e-mail, OK it and then it will appear for others to view after they click on the comments link.

COME ON..........DO IT!!!

No comments: